Course Contract Review #1
1. What am I doing well?
• Right now I believe that I am starting off well for class. I’m well rested; I have eaten breakfast and completed the given assignments. Right now I feel that I am on top of things. Checking the websites regularly and my planner to see what else I need to be doing.
2. What am I not doing well?
• I am studying the material and listening in class, but I need to use different strategies to help me remember the content. Material that I have listened to I understand, but anything I have found on my own I need to go in more depth on. In depth I mean using the memory builder for example.
3. Am I making sufficient progress on my goals?
• Goal number one I am progressing well. I am not procrastinating. I am keeping on top of the work and I don’t feel stressed. Even better my husband agrees with me as well.
• Goal number two I am doing ok. I am looking over notes and material, but I just need to do if differently to help install the information in my head. I did ok on the first exam but I want to know the information better on the next exam to better apply the content in my teaching.
4. List specific things you need to do to change your goals.
• I need to use the study strategies. Actually do the memory builders and create flashcards.
5. How is your motivation? Are you focusing on mastery or performance goals? Does anything need to change?
• My motivation is very high right now. I’m not experiencing distress but eustress!
• I though I was focused on mastering goals, but after this is I believe it was performance goals now. I want to focus back to mastery goals.
• I need to change on how I have always approached my classes. This information I am going to need to know and understand. I want to have mastery goals. Using the above suggested study skills will help me to accomplish the mastery goal of being able to apply the content from this class into my own classroom.
Monday, January 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
b.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment